Here are some things to consider when cleaning and caring for your new glass shower enclosure:
– The best way to keep the glass free of potentially damaging water spots is to squeegee the glass after every use. A routine of using a squeegee on a daily basis is a great habit to get into. It’s a minimal investment in time, and will save you a great deal of cleaning at a later date.
– Use glass cleaners that are ammonia free, we prefer an Alcohol based cleaner known as “Sprayway”
– Or use some water mixed with white vinegar if you have a protective coating such as EnduroShield
– Use a soft sponge and clean microfiber rag to clean with, or a squeegee with a plastic frame
Things to AVOID using with your new glass shower enclosure are:
– Metal razor blades, scrapers or other abrasive brushes
– Ajax, Comet, Rouge, Cerium Oxide or other abrasive cleaners
– Products that contain ammonia
When it comes to maintaining the hardware finish of your shower door the manufacture recommends using a mild to soft detergent mixed in warm water with a microfiber rag to wipe down once a week to prevent hard water stains and build up.